Best Basketball Betting Sites 2023
Among the major sports in North America, basketball has recently gained popularity among sports betting enthusiasts in the UK. Basketball betting truly shines when it comes to gambling on the National Basketball Association since the NBA Championship is the biggest event in the sport.
UK bettors have endless sportsbooks to choose from when thinking about trying their luck at basketball betting, but our NBA experts’ job here at MrBetting.co.uk is to help you decide which one is the best for you!
We will go over and compare bookmakers to help you choose the best sportsbook for you that provides the greatest NBA odds and free bets.
A Closer Look At The Best Basketball Betting Sites
In order to make the process of picking the best bookmaker a little bit easier, we’ve analysed and compared the characteristics of NBA gamblers’ favourite basketball betting sites.
GoldenBet is a recently established operator which quickly established itself as one of the best online sports betting sites in the UK. GoldenBet customers can enjoy trying their luck with bets on the NBA, the Euroleague and more of the biggest global basketball leagues.
Rolletto provides numerous betting options for fans of basketball. Live betting & live streaming is also available for basketball betting fans. Betting on wide range of leagues like NBA, NCAA and many more.
Mr Sloty offers a wide variety of betting options with amazing odds for basketball fans. One can wager on the outcome of a tournament, a match, a league, or even an individual player.
FreshBet offers some of the best bonuses available. FreshBet offers some of the biggest choice of basketball leagues from across the globe for bettors to try their luck at, including the NBA, NBA Outright, Euroleague, EuroCup Group Stage, Italy – Serie A2, France – Coupe De France, Greece – A1 and Bulgaria – NBL.
More than 1,000 pre-match events are available every day in the MyStake sports section. Specifically for basketball, over 350 events are available daily, including NBA, Euroleague, Brazilian NBB and more. MyStake is a sportsbook that welcomes cryptocurrency players and takes credit card payments.
BetNow offers a wide range of sports and events for wagering. The NBA, Euroleague, Champions League, ABA League and many more leagues from all around the globe are available for BetNow’s customers to wager on, with great odds provided exclusively.
BetSwagger offers 38 sports available, which is a great selection for a smaller bookmaker. There’s decent coverage of betting. BetSwagger users may enjoy attempting their luck by placing wagers on major international basketball leagues such as the NBA, Euroleague, and others.
This bookie offers excellent basketball betting opportunities to its customers! Basketball leagues from all over the world, including the NBA, NBA Outright, Euroleague, EuroCup Group Stage, and more, are available for punters to try their hand at on GGBet.
Interesting Facts About Basketball Betting In The UK
- Although basketball betting in the UK isn’t as popular as other sports, the TV network Sky recorded record average viewing growth in 2022 from the beginning of the regular season to the second round of the playoffs, while its audience for NBA Sundays increased by 42%.
- The Boston Celtics vs. Brooklyn Nets opening-round playoff series’ first game on April 17, 2022 was also the most-watched NBA playoff match in the UK since April 2019.
- During the regular season, NBA League Pass subscriptions in the UK increased by 3%.
- The NBA said that League Pass subscriptions in the UK had increased by 10% since the start of the playoffs on April 16.
- During the regular season, 226 million views were produced on the league’s European social media channels, a 23% increase from the previous year.
How Do Our Basketball Experts Rate Online Bookmakers for Betting?
Mr.Betting’s NBA experts have compiled a list of the best things we look for when rating bookies who offer NBA betting. Here’s some of the things we think about when it comes to our rankings:
- Sign-Up Process Ease: It should be easy to sign up and straightforward. While we want online betting sites to take the required precautions to ensure that everything is legal and safe, we also believe that the time required for registration should be minimal to ensure a great betting experience. Simplicity and safety are crucial when it comes to registration.
- Mobile Betting App Navigation: Since most sports bettors’ sites can be accessed through mobile browsers and applications, it’s important for us that the best betting sites offer an easily navigatable mobile app or through the mobile browser.
- NBA Free Bets & Sign-Up Incentives: The top basketball betting sites should provide new members with sign-up betting offers that entitle them to free bets. As we aim to help you as much as possible, Mr.Betting’s NBA experts have mentioned basketball betting sites with the finest free bet offers on basketball and the most advantageous terms and conditions.
- Licensing & Security: As our main mission is to help you select the best online sports staking site for you, we have only mentioned NBA betting sites that we are certain are safe and secure. For this reason, we only endorse reputable websites that have been granted a license by reputable gaming regulators like the UK Gambling Commission.
- Number of Payment Methods: To provide clients with choice, we prefer to see e-wallets and other payment methods available in addition to the widely accepted debit cards on this betting site. Fund deposits and withdrawals need to be a stress-free process for online betting websites’ customers.
- Variety of NBA Betting Markets: With hundreds of basketball betting possibilities, sportsbooks should be able to offer a wide range of basketball betting markets to satisfy the needs of a wide range of bettors.
- Competitive Odds: Bookies must offer odds that are competitive with their rivals for bettors to place a wager in order to receive the most value.
- Options For In-Play Betting: Live betting is the go-to choice for gamblers who want to observe the event unfold before making a wager. We only recommend bookmakers with an abundance of live betting choices since live betting, along with payout, is essential to a betting site’s basketball offering.
Why Should You Try Betting On Basketball?
The NBA expert team at Mr.Betting has gathered some of the top reasons to try your hand at basketball gambling if you’re new to betting on NBA games, or even if you’re already an experienced basketball bettor.
- Professional basketball seasons provide constant gambling opportunities: Basketball seasons are long, and it goes without saying that if you’re a basketball lover, there’s always something to wager on – and that’s without even taking into account all of the other basketball leagues for which the best bookies provide odds.
- Generally speaking, gambling sites offer live feeds of the NBA: Contrary to popular belief, it’s much more common to discover betting sites that offer live streaming of NBA basketball.
- Enjoy the company of a whole NBA betting community: In the recent decade, the NBA betting community has grown hugely. From what the NBA experts at Mr.Betting have witnessed, many NBA online betting sites now feature videos and podcasts, work with social media influencers to promote their content and even trivia quizzes are available for customers to take part in.
Top Tips For Placing A Basketball Bet
It is impossible to win every NBA wager you place. Each type of betting is different, including moneyline, futures, player props, and over/under markets. However, with top tips from Mr.Betting’s NBA experts, you can take advantage of these basketball betting tips before betting on a team.
Look for Team News
When you look up the odds for a game and see an unusual betting line, things most likely won’t go as usual. So, before placing your wager, you might want to examine the most recent roster changes. The line-up will be significantly impacted if a major player is questionable for an injury during a game. To ensure you get the most recent team news when you place your bets, follow some of the leading NBA accounts on social media for lineup updates.
Home Favourite Teams Can Pay Out
60% of NBA teams who play at home win their games during the regular season, demonstrating the importance of home advantage. Therefore, it makes sense to occasionally wager against the favourites when they’re playing an away game, particularly if they’ve been travelling for a long period and haven’t had much opportunity to relax in between games. When playing at home against a winner of the NBA championship, even the worst teams may occasionally shock the odds.
Examine Odds on Different Sites
Although the odds at various NBA betting sites are often similar, there are always some variations, particularly in some of the more specialised betting markets. To ensure that you always find the best deals, check the odds on bookies’ websites or sports betting apps and compare them.
How to Place An Online Basketball Bet
Here are the easy steps to follow if you want to bet online on the NBA season but are new to online betting. When you have selected one of the best basketball betting sites that we have mentioned on this website, it’s easy to follow
- Go to the one of the bookmakers offering the best odds or betting methods
- Select the “sign up,” “register,” or “join now” option.
- Enter your name, birth date, and email address in the personal information field.
- Decide whether to agree and move forward after reading the terms and conditions.
- First, deposit your online betting account using a bank transfer, e-wallet, or debit card.
- Go to the betting site’s “basketball” area.
- To place an NBA wager, choose “NBA” from the list of available leagues and competitions.
- Select the market you wish to wager on, such as “moneyline betting.”
- Choose the team you wish to support.
- Decide how much you want to bet.
- Once you tap “put bet,” the wager will be registered.
- Go to your account area and request a withdrawal to the payment method of your choice for any winning bets.
Popular Basketball Betting Markets
A game’s total points scored, the number of three-pointers made, the sum of the team’s and individual players’ points, and other metrics can all be subject to the over/under market. Bettors need to only predict whether the total will be over or under, with odds often ranging from 10/11 for either outcome, after the bookie sets the betting line.
As is typically the case with all North American sports, NBA betting (handicap betting) is extremely well-liked. NBA betting sites offer an advantage to the underdog, say +4.5 points, if they are the underdog, and -4.5 points to the favourite. Here, the bookies will have a tiny advantage since the odds will be set just below even.
With this widely used bet type, you may place a wager on whether you believe a player will score more or less points, assists, blocks, steals, etc. For better odds, these are excellent wagers to add to bet builders.
A wager on the outcome of a basketball game is known as a moneyline wager. The bookmaker has designated one team as the underdog and the other as the favourite to win the game, so the bettor can choose between teams A and B.
A basketball accumulator, also referred to as a “parlay” in the United States, allows the bettor to stack multiple picks at larger odds. You can get a huge reward and win the bet if all of your picks win.
Bet builders, often referred to as “same-game parlays” or “same-game multis,” work similarly to accumulators with the exception that all of the selections originate from the same game. Bet builder is a fantastic choice if you want to assemble a long-odds wager while enjoying a game.
Some gamblers like to take their time and place their money on the NBA MVP or the NBA Championship winner early in the season. These forms of outright bets typically offer respectable odds.
Mobile Basketball Betting Apps – What To Look For
In order to adjust to various smartphone and tablet sizes, the best basketball betting sites need to be mobile-friendly and use the latest technology. NBA betting apps, or mobile browser versions of websites, have to be incredibly user-friendly and well-optimised.
However, not all basketball betting websites in the UK have a mobile app, but from what we’ve gathered, all of the betting features are available to bettors via the mobile browser.
Live Online Basketball Betting
Because most NBA fans like to watch a game and evaluate the action before placing basketball bets, in-play betting platforms are the industry standard. You have a good possibility of identifying a weakness in basketball odds if you have access to live streaming and live NBA betting markets.
In order to analyse a game scenario and maybe benefit early on from your stake, your selected basketball bookmaker should also allow you to pay out your bets while the action is still happening.
Free bets are a must for every reputable online NBA bookmaker. Offering bettors the opportunity to put wagers without incurring financial risk means free bet offerings are incredibly popular. Typically, online betting sites offer introductory bonuses including free bets. When opening a new account with a bookmaker, customers often need to make a deposit or place a qualifying bet in order to be eligible for a set number of free bets, also known as “bet credits.”
We’d like to remind you that betting requirements and rules frequently apply, which means you can’t withdraw the free bet money until you’ve used it up after a set amount of times. Free bets can’t be placed on every market because they typically have odds limitations as well. Make sure you understand what you’re getting into by carefully reading the terms and conditions. Regular free bets are another way that betting sites in the UK reward their loyal clients.
Payment Methods Available On Basketball Betting Sites
The Mr.Betting basketball expert team believes that basketball punters should be given endless payment and cashing-out options by online wagering sites in the UK. This is why we believe that it should be possible to make deposits and withdrawals using bank transfers, e-wallets, debit cards, prepaid cards and more.
In order to accommodate basketball punters with different budgets, payment restrictions should be adjustable, including having a low deposit threshold and a large withdrawal limit. The best online UK betting sites often establish minimum deposit amounts of £5 or £10, however, limits will vary according to the payment method punters use.
Our Expert Verdict On Best Basketball Betting Sites 2023
It should be easy for you to follow our advice now that Mr.Betting has taught you everything related to NBA and basketball betting. You won’t be disappointed with any of our recommendations because the regulated NBA betting sites we’ve featured below invest a lot of time and energy into their basketball sections.
Pick what suits you, use caution while placing bets, and most of all, enjoy yourself when placing NBA wagers!
What’s moneyline betting in basketball?
Simply picking which side to win a certain game is what makes a moneyline basketball bet. The bookie will price one team as the favourite and the other as the underdog; it is up to the bettor to decide which side to support.
How can I bet online during the NBA Finals?
The top bookmakers and betting applications on the internet provide NBA Finals markets. You will need to verify your ID and input a few basic personal data in order to sign up. Once your payment option has been selected, all you need to do is visit the NBA area of the website or app of your choice.
What does the term “spread” in NBA wagering mean?
Handicap betting, in which the bookmaker evens the odds by assigning a handicap to the underdog and a head start to the favourite, is also known as point spread betting.
How do you place a basketball point spread wager?
The team selected to be the point spread favourite needs to win by a margin greater than the pre-determined number of points. The opposing team must win by a margin of at least the matching number of points or fall short as the point spread underdog.