The Complete Guide To The Best Greyhound Betting Sites for 2023
Since the turn of the 20th century, greyhound racing has played a significant role in British betting culture, and it’s one of the most popular sport to bet on in the UK and Ireland. These days, thanks to the quick growth of internet betting, bettors may bet online from the comfort of their homes or while on the go using a smartphone or tablet.
In our review of the best greyhound betting sites, we will provide you with exclusive greyhound betting tips, show you how to find the best greyhound betting odds, and how to place a greyhound bet correctly. Every bookmaker offering greyhound betting on this website is different from the others, and Mr.Betting’s racing experts will guide you through how to successfully bet on greyhounds.
The Top Greyhound Racing Sites In The UK
A Closer Look At The Best Greyhound Betting Sites
Deciding where to put your greyhound betting might be challenging. When it comes to greyhound betting, there are many greyhound enthusiasts in the UK, so Mr.Betting’s racing specialists are here to talk you through our recommended greyhound betting sites below and how they differ from one another. We have compiled a list of the best new greyhound betting sites uncluding MrSloty, Betnow & GGBet that we believe offer best odds guaranteed, the best prices and betting options out there!
Goldenbet is an online betting site which quickly established itself as one of the best greyhound betting sites in the UK. In terms of greyhound racing, over 104 greyhound events are available for Goldenbet’s customers to bet on from UK and Irish races, and a great 100% welcome sports bonus is offered to new customers too.
UK gamblers may choose between Greyhound and Horse racing alternatives at FreshBet. It’s not surprising, given how well-liked FreshBet is in the UK. FreshBet’s clients may wager on more than 104 greyhound racing events from UK and Irish races each day. For these two sports alone, there are more than 500 betting markets accessible. A 100% welcome bonus is offered to new customers too.
Currently, MyStake offers up to 200 Greyhound races from the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Mexico each day. It’s a popular UK betting site in terms of racing sports, and new clients are also eligible for a 150% welcome bonus, and a 100% of up to £500 1st deposit bonus.
BetSwagger has excellent odds for betting. Bettors may wager on greyhound and horse races, and 100 to 200 races are available to pick from each day. Particularly in the category of greyhound racing, there are several British events, including international ones from France, Ireland, Australia, the United States, and the UK.
Bettor navigation among the many races and betting possibilities is made simple with Cbet’s greyhound racing betting area, which is created with user-friendliness in mind. There’s more excitement when betting because of the live-streaming function that lets you watch the races in real-time. Cbet also provides thorough race cards that include insightful details on the dogs, all of which may help bettors make wise choices.
Rolletto offers over 113 greyhound racing events daily, so bettors can confidently select Rolletto when it comes to choosing the best online greyhound betting site. UK punters won’t have any trouble accessing and making bets on this online betting shop because it is entirely mobile-optimised and compatible with all mobile browsers.
How We Determine Whether A Greyhound Betting Website Is Good
Our racing experts have listed the most crucial points we use to decide which betting sites are worth your time and money:
Great Customer Support Options
Customer service that is both free and available 24/7 is an essential part of being a good bookmaker. Many bettors feel that having a live chat support function available around-the-clock is essential when placing bets on sporting events or greyhounds. The betting experience is made less stressful by having access to skilled, friendly staff who can address issues promptly.
Great Betting Odds
When assessing new greyhound racing betting services, the betting odds are one of the most crucial factors to take into account. The odds levels indicate the possible returns for your bet and often vary between open races and BAGS races. An average return is about 90%. In order to get you to bet with them during a major event like the Irish or English Greyhound Derby, greyhound betting bookmakers in the UK can sometimes extend the pricing available for that particular race in addition to offering incentives and larger rewards.
Loads Of Bonuses & Promotions
Having a variety of offers available at greyhound racing betting sites improves the whole experience by offering incentives and chances to put bets. However, promotions must be available to all current clients as well as prospective ones, not only those who sign up for greyhound betting sites. With their extensive selection of betting offers, which include “Best Odds Guaranteed,” “Extra Place Races,” “Money Back as a Free Bet,” and other incentives, FreshBet stands out in the industry.
Range of Betting Markets for Greyhound Racing
The several methods available to you for placing greyhound racing wagers should also be taken into account. It might not be sufficient for a bookmaker to provide only win and each-way bets. Using a greyhound betting exchange or putting spread bets are two more advanced alternatives available to experienced greyhound racing bettors.
Mobile Betting for Greyhound Racing
The opportunity to bet on greyhounds will be included in a bookmaker’s overall sports app, as there is no such thing as a greyhound betting app. In addition, the best bookies provide a ton of extra features that add to the appeal of using your mobile device for greyhound betting.
Virtual Greyhound Racing
One of the most profitable betting markets in the UK right now is virtual sports betting. With state-of-the-art graphics, seamless operation, and appealing odds, the majority of bookies provide an excellent virtual greyhound platform. Additionally, the best greyhound betting sites have enhanced their mobile apps to allow bettors to place virtual greyhound wagers. In addition, a lot of operators provide email and phone assistance. When sending confidential data, email is a crucial communication tool. There’s also a free phone line available for pressing concerns on a reliable greyhound betting website.
Big Range Of Payment Methods
All of the greyhound bookmakers that we include here guarantee safe withdrawals and deposits. Players have access to a variety of betting payment methods, including debit cards, eWallets, paysafecards, and pre-paid cards. For deposits made into any greyhound racing bookmaker, debit cards provide the maximum level of security, while eWallets give an additional degree of secrecy to transactions. It is important for players to know that some payment methods are not eligible for bonuses.
Facts About Greyhound Racing In The UK
- Though they are extremely fast on the track, greyhounds are sometimes referred to as “couch potatoes.” They are wonderful companions for households of all ages and like lounging about—a comfortable couch is a favourite area. They require very little exercise and adore other dogs and cats.
- Greyhounds come in around thirty recognized color varieties. These can show either separately (all fawn or all black, for example) or together (like brindle).
- Every year, Greyhound Racing Ireland invests €2 million in welfare and regulation. The IRGT supports charities that rehome a large number of retired Greyhounds throughout Ireland, Europe, and North America.
- Greyhound race dogs frequently test positive for performance-enhancing substances throughout the United Kingdom. Some seem to be willing to “go the additional mile” in order to obtain the money that is at risk for both the dog owners and the gamblers who are placing bets on them.
The History Of Greyhound Racing In The UK
In the UK, greyhound racing peaked in the 1920s and 1930s. In July 1926, the now-closed Belle Vue greyhound stadium in Manchester hosted the first greyhound racing event. In less than a decade, Wales, Scotland, and England had over 200 greyhound racetracks, drawing over 32 million spectators annually.
Greyhound racing and betting had a resurgence in popularity in the UK during World War II, but this interest started to decline in the middle of the 1960s. Spending £6 million on a brand-new, ultra-modern greyhound racing stadium in Sittingbourne, with a capacity of 4,750 and a car park with more than 1,000 bays, provided a brief boost of interest in the sport in 1995.
Popular Betting Markets With Online UK Greyhound Racing Bookies
A few more betting markets are offered, although not as many as in horse racing because there are only six dogs competing in each race, while the main bet on every greyhound race is which dog will win. The marketplaces that are often accessible for greyhound racing are listed below:
- Straight Forecast: Bets are placed on the dog that will cross the finish line first and the dog that will finish second. You lose your bet if your dogs finish first and second but in the opposite order.
- Reverse Forecast: This is another type of bet on two dogs, but doubled up. As it’s two straight forecast bets, your wager is successful if both Dog A and Dog B place in the top two.
- Combination Forecast: Several bets that guarantee any number of dogs will place in the top two. It is pointless to support all six dogs in a four-way combination forecast, which consists of twelve bets, and a five-way combination forecast, which consists of twenty. Your wager, or some part of it, is successful if two of your selected dogs place first and second, regardless of the order in which they finish.
- Win: The most popular type of bet. Choose a dog which you think will win the race.
- Place: If your selected dog places first or second with this bet, you are sure to win.
- Each Way: This is a type of bet that is equal to 1/4 of the winning odds and a place bet, combined. Your bet is split half on winning and half on each direction. You win both bets if your dog wins, but only the place bet pays off for a second-place result.
Combination, System, and Accumulator Bets
- Double: This is two separate race choices, and for your bet to win overall, both must win.
- Treble: It’s the same as a double, but instead a treble.
- Trixie: Supporting three choices triples and triples.
- Patent: Supporting three choices again, but a treble, three doubles, and three singles this time around.
- Accumulator: Any bet with more than three “win” picks is considered an accumulator. For the acca to win, everyone must win.
- Yankee: Supporting four dogs with an acca, four trebles, and six doubles.
- Lucky 15: The same as Yankee, plus four singles.
- Canadian: Ten doubles, 10 trebles, five fourfolds, and a fivefold are used to support five dogs.
- Lucky 31: Lucky 31 is the same as a Canadian, plus five singles.
- Heinz: Supporting six dogs with fifteen doubles, twenty triples, fifteen fourfolds, six fivefolds, and one sixfold.
- Lucky 63: similar to a Heinz with six more singles.
- Super Heinz: Putting up 21 doubles, 35 trebles, 35 fourfolds, 21 fivefolds, seven sixfolds, and a sevenfold supporting seven dogs.
- Goliath: Supporting eight dogs with a total of 70 fourfolds, 56 fivefolds, 28 sixfolds, eight sevenfolds, and one eightfold.
The Biggest Greyhound Racing Events
Every major greyhound racing event offers excellent betting opportunities, and bookies will do their utmost to encourage you to place a bet with them, especially for new UK customers. Often greyhound betting sites offer strategies like raising the odds pricing, coming up with unique forecasts, and making special deals will all fall under this category. In order for their customers to get the best possible betting experience, it may also be possible to watch these events live as they happen at the top greyhound betting sites in the UK.
English Greyhound Derby
The English Greyhound Derby is unquestionably the world’s most prestigious dog racing competition. Usually held in June or July, the final race has a prize fund of £175,000 out of a £350,000 total. It began in 1927 and was first held over 480 meters at Wimbledon. These days, it is held over 500 meters in Towcester.
Scottish Greyhound Derby
The Scottish Greyhound Derby is the largest race held in Scotland, with a prize money of £20,000 for the winner. Since 1928, the race has been held over 480 meters at Shawfield Stadium. This tournament is held in April, and many of the greyhounds that participate there move on to the English
East Anglican Cup
Since 1975, the East Anglian Derby has been the main event held at Yarmouth Stadium in Norfolk. This 462-meter event offers prize money of £15,000 to the winner, a respectable £2500 to the runner-up, and £1500 to the third-place finisher. All dogs have recorded timings less than thirty seconds, but Any Dak’s 27.34-second performance in 2013 was the quickest ever.
Irish Greyhound Derby
An overall prize fund of €240,000 is up for grabs in the Irish Greyhound Derby, with €125,000 going to the winner. Shelbourne Park in South Dublin is the event’s home. It was initially held at the now-closed Harold’s Cross in 1928 and has continued ever since. Considered the most significant race on the Irish racing calendar, it spans 550 yards.
The British Isles
The British Isles host more major tournaments than any other place since it is the birthplace of greyhound racing. The events mentioned below are just a few of the major events in Britain.
- The Essex Vase
- The Northern Irish Derby
- The Oaks
- The Golden Jacket
- The Regency
- The Scurry Gold Cup
- The Laurels
- The Northern Irish Puppy Cup
- The English, Scottish, and Irish derbies
- The East Anglian Cup
- The Select Stakes
How To Raise Your Odds Of Selecting A Dog To Win
A thorough analysis of the dog’s form, experience, level of physical fitness, post position, track circumstances, and trainer’s performance is necessary in order to select a winning greyhound. You may improve your chances of winning by looking at these variables and contrasting them with those of other greyhounds competing in the race:
Comprehend the Grading System and Greyhound’s Physical Form
It is important to understand the grading system and the dog’s form before selecting a winning greyhound. The criteria used to evaluate greyhounds include their past race results, endurance, and speed. You can forecast a dog’s performance in a particular race more accurately if you understand the grading.
- Go through the racing schedule: Every greyhound’s recent performance, grade, and race statistics are listed in the racing program that most tracks give. It’s very good information which will allow you to make better choices.
- Analyse former race results: A dog’s performance at the current track and its recent performance should be considered, since they may reveal a track preference.
- Continuity is essential: Win-prospective dogs are those who consistently do well in a variety of grades and courses.
Consider The Dog’s Level of Physical Fitness
When it comes to performance, a greyhound’s level of physical fitness is vital. Upon arriving at the track, be mindful of:
- The dog’s muscle tone: A dog that has a well-defined muscular structure may be in good physical condition.
- The dog’s weight: Increased strength may be indicated by a consistent weight that is somewhat heavier than in prior races. On the other hand, significant weight fluctuations might have an effect on a greyhound’s abilities.
Evaluate The Dog’s Post Position
The starting order of the greyhound race is known as the post position. Depending on the track and the racing style of the dog, several post locations could be helpful:
- Early speed: Greyhounds with this trait have the ability to go ahead of the pack early in the race, avoiding any collisions or pile-ups.
- Inside or outside position: Depending on the race, certain greyhounds may choose to run nearer the inside or outside rail. It can be more successful if a dog’s post location matches its preferred running manner.
Examine the track’s conditions
The performance of a greyhound may be greatly impacted by the track conditions. When evaluating the track’s conditions, keep in mind:
- The track surface: Track surfaces made of synthetic materials or sand may be more conducive to the performance of some greyhounds. A dog’s chances of success under identical conditions may be increased if they have shown that they perform well on a particular surface.
- The weather: The performance of a greyhound may be impacted by wet or dry weather. While some dogs could do well in the rain, others might find it difficult to go on a sloppy route.
Tips To Follow For The Best Greyhound Betting Strategy
When using a successful greyhound betting strategy, bettors can be sure that they will win more money. Due to the fact that there are only six dogs in each race, as opposed to up to 30 horses, these methods are simpler to comprehend and implement than those for horse racing.
While using a greyhound betting strategy does not ensure success, it is likely to provide more profits than not using one. You should have a better chance of successfully greyhound tipping if you follow our expert betting recommendations:
Try To Bet On Reliable Dogs
Since you won’t know who dogs your dog was competing against in each race, this tip might be challenging to grasp.A dog who consistently performs well (e.g., “21312”) is a safer pick than one that performs poorly (e.g., “16245”). It is wiser to place an each-way wager on a dog that consistently places in the top two than to place a winning wager on a dog that wins some races but also places last occassionally.
Make Use Of Other Bets Than Just “To Win”
Long-term financial gain is unlikely to result from consistently betting on the favourite to win, even if it is true that the favourite in greyhound races wins more frequently than the favourite in horse races. A good strategy is to support the favourite dog in a race while also selecting a dog that appears to be the clear potential winner. We’re discussing a reversal prognosis here, not just two “to-win” bets. If you bet on the dogs that finish first and second, two each-way bets plus a reverse forecast will pay off handsomely.
Don’t Be Fooled By Senseless Betting Methods
Some bettors use blind greyhound betting methods, which can be problematic. A common betting strategy is repeatedly placing bets on the same trap, doubling your stake each time the trap succeeds, at which point you return your initial stake. However, this “Martingale” casino-style greyhound betting system is a recipe for disaster in most cases.
By examining statistics for a particular race, we found that the winning traps over a 12-race total were ‘166352635533’. Therefore, traps 3, 5, and 6 would have been acceptable candidates for the ‘double your bets’ technique, however, traps 1 and 2 only ever won once and trap 4 never won! Do you really want to wager more than £2,000 on dogs when you started the evening with a £1 wager? If you had started the race with a £1 wager, your stake would have been £2,048 by race 12.
We’ve gone over everything you need to know before dipping into the thrilling world of online greyhound betting with some of the best bookies out there in our opinion! Now that we’ve looked into detail into greyhound betting in the UK, we’ve reached the finish line. We hope that after reading this guide, you will be fully prepared when it comes to knowledge about UK greyhound betting.
Can I Use Apps for Greyhound Betting?
Of course, you can! The popular betting websites listed in this review allow you to bet on them with a mobile browser.
Are There Always Six Dogs in Greyhound Races?
Yes, this tradition began in 1876 when six dogs attended the first greyhound meeting. The gambling and greyhound racing industries didn’t fully take off until the 1920s. In the UK, there are six participants in every greyhound race.
How Can I Choose Which Greyhounds To Bet On?
Selecting a successful greyhound involves both research and chance. Bettors can take into account a number of criteria, such as the greyhound’s previous performance, track knowledge, and trap draw suitability.
Which Payment Options Are Accepted At Greyhound Bookies?
You may fund your account and take money out of it in a variety of ways. Debit cards are the most widely used method, followed by prepaid cards and eWallets. Most of the top greyhound betting sites accept the payment options that we have specified.